Welcome to Adventure!
Colorado Rocky Mountain Scouting
Troop 97 BSA
Saturday, February 28, 2015, Fort Collins Senior Center, 1200 Raintree Dr, 5:30 to 7:00 pm
On rappel (abseiling)
Exploring the Mine
On Deck in the British Virgin Islands
Canoeing under the Midnight Sun:
Yukon River, Canada, near the Arctic Circle
Our site is packed with useful ideas
designed to help and inform:
- the Scouts, leaders, and families of our troop
- potential or future members of our troop
- the Scouts and leaders of other BSA units
- Scouts and leaders from around the world
- anyone else interested in Scouting or Troop 97
Take a look around.
Please share your comments, suggestions, or needs with us.
We're happy to hear from you!
- Troop 97 is one of 23 troops in
- Cache La Poudre District, one of 9 districts in
- Longs Peak Council, one of 304 local councils of
- Boy Scouts of America (BSA), one of about 200 National Scout Organization members of
- World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM).
[For more information about the surprising variety of Scouting organizations around the world, see our World Scouting page.]
What would you like to know?
Troop 97 is more than double the size of the average BSA troop, and our Scouts earn Eagle Scout (the BSA's highest award) at over 12 times the BSA average.
- Ever watched the sun set at midnight? From your canoe? Our Scouts have.
- Backpacked the only one-way trail in North America?
- Tried your best to sleep after seeing a bear prowling for food 15 feet (5 m) from your tent?
- Been to the only place in the US where cars drive on the left?
- Backpacked from one country into another? How about by canoe? Ferry? Train? Bicycle?
- Slept on board a tugboat? In a railroad sleeper car? Sailing ship? In an old miner's cabin?
- Snorkeled a shipwreck? Ridden a train going 180 mph (300 km/h)?
- Pedaled a bike 425 miles (680 km)? Paddled a canoe 250 miles (400 km)? Backpacked 100 miles (160 km)?
- Swum 1 mile (1600 m)—in a chilly high-altitude lake?
- Had a foot (30 cm) of new snow half-bury your tent? In August?
Troop 97 meets in Fort Collins, Colorado, but also draws members from nearby Laporte, Loveland, Severance, Timnath, Wellington/Waverly, and Windsor.
Scouting is a Game with a Purpose.
It's more than Fun; it's an Adventure.
Sometimes tough, often challenging, always rewarding.
Want to visit a meeting or outing?
Just email the Scoutmaster, and he'll be happy to tell you about our upcoming activities.
Our INFORMATION PAGE provides details about:
- the structure and policies of our website
- our approvals and recognitions
- the characteristics of a good website
The T97 website is Cybersitter approved as a "Family Friendly" website.
Last Revised: 27 February 2015
Copyright © 1996—2015 by Troop 97 BSA
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Online since 1996